Image from Unsplash.com
Traveling to different places is a wonderful experience. The adventures that await you and the rush of excitement as you travel through new countries and diverse cultures are such an unforgettable experience that it will linger in your memory for a long time.
However, this experience has been cut short due to the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus. Countries around the world have imposed travel bans on citizens of other nations, citing the spread of the virus as the cause.
New possibility unlocked! Virtual exploration
Fortunately, however, for experience the world from your home it is no longer an impossibility. This can be accomplished using virtual tours. You don’t need to leave your space when looking to explore the different parts of any continent.
You can take a virtual tour directly from your phone, laptop, or VR headset. Virtual tours are cheap, fast and very convenient if you are looking to explore new places and have incredible experiences. All you need most of the time is a great internet connection and you’re good to go.
Ways to explore the world
Here are some types of quality virtual tours that will give you unforgettable memories:
- Visit the zoo: If you are a nature lover and want to take a break from the daily schedules that involve working and experiencing nature in its beauty, then this type of tour is what you should consider.
- Take a virtual tour of Japan: Virtual reality technology has reinvented the way people travel. The National Tourism Association of Japan offers a virtual reality movie for anyone who wants to take a trip around the country. This virtual reality movie is usually live and offers a view of Japanese culture and people in real time.
- Hike the Great Wall of China: If you are an outstanding traveler who loves to experience ancient monuments, a visit to the Great Wall of China would be at the top of your list.
- Tour heritage sites around the world: Google Earth offers an incredible 3D virtual tour of 30 iconic heritage sites from around the world. This tour usually starts with an enlarged view of planet earth, then you can zoom in and click on various sites that you want to visit.
- Watch movies: There are so many streaming sites to stream from today, but Netflix is still the best. If you are a movie fan and would love to sit in front of your television and explore various types of movies that are not available in your home country, connect to a Netflix VPN is always the best route to take, allowing you unrestricted access to geo-restricted content.
Zoos around the world, like the Monterey Bay Aquarium, offer live webcam views of monkeys, lions, whales, penguins, pandas and other animals. This is a great experience for you and probably your child too, as there is so much to see and learn.
This is great for tourism, as you experience first-hand what it’s like to live in Japan.
With the current travel ban, the China Tourism Organization has provided the virtual walk of the Wall to anyone around the world. This tour stretches for six and a half miles and gives you a great view of China.
These sites offered by Google Earth range from The Taj Mahal, The Sphinx to The Pyramids of Egypt and many more.
Taking advantage of this technology provided by Google improves your knowledge of the land and also takes you to iconic sites that you may not have had the opportunity to visit regularly.
This ensures that you have access to movies that are not geographically present in your area and guarantees a pleasant time.
These are great experiences, and while they may not guarantee the same pleasure as dipping your toes in the sand, virtual tours offer a much-needed escape and an avenue to see the world through our phones and computers.