Over the years, video has become one of the most popular forms of digital content. Video Marketing Statistics indicate that the average individual spends about 100 minutes watching videos on the Internet. Since video accommodates multiple senses, people are more receptive to messages than video. Brands have been quick to make the leap and adapt their marketing strategies.
Today, brands are experimenting with their content and using live video streaming, interactive 360-degree videos, augmented reality, and other forms of video content to connect with their audience. In the United States alone, video represents a huge $ 135 billion industry. In the current situation, brands that stay away from video are at a disadvantage in the competitive world of marketing.
In fact, simply creating video content is not enough today. You need to take a planned approach to creating videos. In this article, we’ll look at seven ways you can strategize your video marketing initiatives.
Set your video marketing goals
The scope of video is diverse and can help you through every stage of the marketing funnel. Before creating a promotional video, you need to have a clear understanding of your expectations of the video.
Sometimes a brand loses customers because the target group is unaware of the product’s existence. Since 9 out of 10 viewers admit to enjoying branded video content, you can take advantage of video to raise awareness of your business offering. If you are launching an innovative product, an awareness video will help familiarize the viewer with the need for the product.
The next stage of the marketing funnel is when the user looks for ways to solve real-life problems. At this stage, they are likely to go through product reviews, ask for recommendations, and search for resources online. Since leads are very impressionable at this stage, video will help you get your message across to the viewer more efficiently.
The last stage of the marketing funnel is when the potential customer has identified your product as a solution to their problems. At this stage, your focus should be on providing video evidence of customer satisfaction and establishing that your product is ahead of the market competition.
Delight videos can be used to please customers who have bought from you. The purpose of these videos is to maintain a healthy relationship with the customer and to ensure that they choose your brand for their future purchases.
Create a buyer persona
To understand what your audience expects of you, it is important to create a buyer image. The buyer persona will inform you about the intended users of your product and discuss their likes and dislikes. That way, you can plan your video content to suit your tastes.
- Step 1: Identify your buyer persona by listing your target demographics. If your brand makes a diverse range of products, you can have a buyer personality for each of them.
- Step 2: Once you have ordered your buyer persona, you will get to know the digital platforms where your target audience is located. That way, you will be clear about how to distribute your video.
Have a realistic budget
The scope of video marketing is diverse and it is plausible to create video content on all budgets. Before you start making videos, plan your money and resources. For example, these days most smartphones allow you the luxury of recording clips in 4K resolution and you can use the same for your marketing videos.
On the other hand, opting for the premium version of the video editing tools will allow you to create videos without watermarks that will make you look like a pro. Optimize your budget and your marketing goals to identify the things you can afford to splurge on.
Decide your marketing story
These days, there is no shortage of video content, and unless you create exemplary content, your video will go unnoticed. We recommend that you take the time to work on the plot of your video before writing it. A good marketing story should have the following elements.
- The story must have a protagonist who relates to the audience.
- There must be a conflict to illustrate your client’s weak point.
- Next, you need to introduce the product or service and talk about its USP.
- The final part will be the resolution that illustrates how the business offer is a comprehensive solution to the customer’s problem.
The story should be written in such a way that the viewer embarks on a visual journey. That way, the viewer will develop an emotional connection to the brand, making it likely that they will make a purchase. You need to pay attention to make sure the video story is free from controversy and that it aligns with your brand’s mission.
Create a production timeline
Creating videos is a team effort and requires the collaboration of several people. To make sure your team is in sync with each other, you need to have a production schedule. For best results, create a general timeline and divide it into a planning timeline, production timeline, distribution timeline, etc. That way, the team will be aware of schedules, changes and end dates.
Optimize the video
Today, more than 500 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube every day. If you want your marketing content to stand out, you need to optimize the video.
- Add subtitles to your video so that the content of the video is better understood by the search engine. That way, you can show the video to interested viewers.
- Try adding tags to your video to direct your viewers to the interested target group.
- Use an intro tool to make the first few seconds of the video interesting. That way, you will grab the attention of potential customers and get them to watch the entire video.
- Depending on the nature of your video and the platform where you post it, optimize the length of the video for maximum views. Having a video that is too short will not generate interest. Similarly, a video that is too long will cause users to abandon it.
- Take advantage of YouTube cards and calls to action at the end of the video to guide the viewer to other relevant video content. You can also use calls to action to take the viewer to another landing page or ecommerce page to make a purchase.
Cross promotion of video content
Creating a promotional video is a cumbersome affair and requires months of dedicated efforts from several people. To get the most out of these efforts, optimize your video content for multiple platforms. For example, posting a video like Instagram Reels requires you to maintain a 9:16 aspect ratio, whereas you don’t need to maintain that ratio when posting content to YouTube. In such a situation, if you can edit and export multiple versions of a video, you can post it on different platforms. That way, you will increase the reach of your content.
Any successful video marketing campaign requires careful planning and meticulous execution. There is no sure chance of success and what works for other brands may not help you. The tips outlined in this article are intended to give you an edge in the competitive world of video marketing. As you jump on the train, you’ll discover more tips to scale your video marketing initiatives.